Yesterday’s workout: 20 min. lap swim, 30 min. walk, 25 min. circuit training.
Definitely a lighter workout day, but it’s hard to do much high intensity stuff when I’m not supposed to be jumping or pounding on my foot and knee. I keep being on the verge of telling myself it’s ok, but that foot and knee still ache, so I’m sticking to my low–impact work for now.
I’m also feeling really worn out this week, so I suppose it’s good to be taking it easier workout–wise. I fell asleep from 8 to 9 last night, and then decided to stop fighting the sleepiness, got ready for bed, and hit the sack. About 10 hours of sleep in the books. Crazy times.
Unrelated, I decided it’s time for a few random facts about me! Brace yourself…
1. I hate raisins. As in loathe. As in will never ever ever ever eat them, or anything that’s been in a package with them. That, and these are just terrifying:
2. I’m kind of in love with the hip hop, misogynistic, party people everywhere junk on the radio. Seriously, I know it’s junk. I know that. But deep down, there’s a hip hop dance diva just dying to come out. I feel a little bit closer to that alter ego when listening to Flo Rida. Judge away. Also, this graphic exactly explains how I feel during workouts, and the gangsta rap part is right on point.
3. Despite number two, I identify with many feminist ideas. Jon asks me semi regularly how I can listen to the above “music” and not get mad about the lyrics. I don’t have a good answer, so let me know if you figure that one out. I will say, though, that the latest Usher song is a bit too much for me. “Now relax and get on your back if you wanna scream…” aren’t lyrics my inner diva can really get in to. I might marry him if he sang something like this instead:
4. I have an obsession with even numbers. Except for 11, 13, 17 and 27. Those are the only tolerable odd numbers. I feel like this obsession may come out most when I’m eating colored candy. I have to eat it in pairs of the same color. Like, I can’t have a green and a purple skittle. I have to eat two green and then two purple, or all four together. Yes, I know I’m mildly OCD. No, I don’t care.
5. I have a thing for motivational and inspiration quotes. Pinterest will be the death of me, I swear. I have printouts posted all over my apartment and I have an entire bulletin board in my office dedicated to quotes. Like this one:
Or sometimes I need a little funny. Funny quotes get me through long days. Like this gem:
I feel so much better already. That’s all for today! 🙂