Successful week in the blogging world!
I have officially purchased my domain (finally), will be self–hosted as soon as I find time to build my own blog, and was nominated for the Liebster Award. The Liebster is a pass–along recognition for smaller blogs (under 200 followers) who deserve notice; the more we share, the more we grow, right?
The rules are simple. I’ve answered 11 questions from my nominator, posted 11 random facts about me, and given 11 new questions for my nominees. These are bloggers I read regularly so I’m happy to give a much–deserved shout out!
Questions from The Secret Life Coach of D.C.:
- If you could were a superhero, what would your name be?
No idea what my name would be, but my power would telekinesis. Sure, not the most original, but how cool would it be to run my car without gas or heal a wound?
- What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
The relationships. I’ve “met” so many fabulous bloggers and become part of great communities. These people have taught and motivated me more than I can ever say.
- What blog do you follow most religiously?
Tough one. I don’t think there’s one blog that rates above others. I’m fairly picky about which blogs I add to my Google reader, so when I follow, I read.
- What is your biggest fear in life?
Sharks. Absolutely sharks.
- Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, what was your favorite book?
I never read the books, but I loved all the movies. They all run together, though, so I can’t say which was my favorite… I do know I liked the first few the best when the characters were younger.
- What’s your favorite Halloween costume that you’ve ever worn?
Ke$ha. Because she’s my home girl. And because this SNL performance was ridiculous.
- Favorite workout routine?
Running, hands down. I do enjoy a solid HIIT workout any day, but a run would be my first choice.
- What is your dream career?
Working on the communications team for an international non–profit organization, preferably in D.C. I have a slight crush on that city.
- If you had to choose a color to represent your personality, what would it be and why?
Oh geez…. probably brown: a mix of every color and emotion. I can say my favorite color (right now, at least) is a warm yellow. The color is bright, friendly, sunny, fresh, full of energy and hopeful. I am most certainly not all of those things… but I do aspire to be more of that, and yellow always brightens my mood.
- Do you believe in horoscopes? Why or why not?
Hmm. Never really thought about it. I know I’m on the Cancer/Gemini cusp and that while I have some Gemini traits, I’m solidly a Cancer. I don’t “believe” in the daily horoscope just like I don’t believe in fortune tellers.
- Name your greatest passion in life.
I would say I have three: humanitarian work, environmental issues and healthy living (obviously).
11 random facts about me:
- When doing a forward bend stretch, I can lay fully over my legs and fold my feet to touch my toes to the floor.
- My birthmark is a small bald spot in my hair.
- I hate – I mean haaaaate – raisins. Other dried fruits aren’t far behind.
- I am the worst liar on the planet.
- Jon and I are experts at eating super simple (read: cheap) and healthy. It’s an art.
- I play piano.
- My favorite accessories are earrings and scarves.
- I’m a huge tea drinker. Not the biggest fan of straight coffee.
- When I order a hot drink, I have to line up the lid, cup and hot sleeve. Everything must be straight.
- Really, most things have to be straight. Jon will leave things around the house with lids out of line and such just to drive me crazy. OCD much? Probably yes.
- I am the oldest of 5 with all brothers. I already have one sister–in–law and I’m expecting a few more to help even things up. (Also, 6.2, my parents live in Brazil and my youngest brother is still in high school with them).
11 questions for my nominees:
- If you could be best friends with anyone, current or historical, who would it be?
- Coffee snob or tea–litist?
- Favorite workout?
- Favorite recipe?
- Coolest place you’ve every been. (Can be as extravagant as a tour of Europe or simple as the best hole–in–the–wall café ever).
- Why did you start blogging?
- One thing that automatically makes you smile.
- Tell us one of your dreams or goals, why, and what you’re doing to pursue it.
- Which do you dislike most: emailing, texting or talking on the phone.
- Would you describe yourself as a thinker, communicator or doer and why?
- Finish the sentence: If I could do anything with my life from this point forward, I would…
And finally, my nominees in no particular order:
- Casey at Casey Voight
- Krista at Krista Dalton
- Michelle at I Run With It
- Lindsay at A Runnaroundd Life
- Dana at Mom Runs Half
- Connie at Livin’ Lean
- Angela at Latte Confidential
- Becca at Diary of a Slow Runner
- Robyn at Diary of a Spartan–In–Training
- Sarah at Picky Runner
- Amy at Lavender Parking
- Caitlin at Rad Racer